We are accepting a limited quantity of used books at this time.
Depending on the condition of the book, we will add a portion (typically half) of our retail price to your Used Book Credit account. When you buy used books from us, your credit applies towards the purchase except for Palmer sales tax.
Any books we are not able to accept for resale will be passed along to various local charities.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Drop off your books during store hours -- One paper grocery bag (or comparable) per day, please.
- Provide the name and phone number for the Used Book Credit account.
- Our staff willl evaluate the books according to condition and resale demand.
- The amount of credit you earn on your Used Book Credit account depends on the condition of the book.
- Give us a call at (907) 745-2665 if you would like to know your Used Book Credit balance.
- Please wait at least 48 hours after dropping off books to allow us time to process your books.
- Due to the pandemic, we cannot return any materials to you.
- Books that we choose not to put on the sales floor will be passed along to local charities.
- We do not supply certificates of donation for tax purposes.
- Used Book Credit does not expire and can be applied towards the purchase of used products only.
WHAT WE DON’T TAKE:
- Hardcovers available in paperback.
- Textbooks, magazines, books with dated information (i.e. older travel guides).
- DVDs, music CDs, VHS tapes, cassettes.
- Books with water-damage, stained pages/covers, underlining, highlighting, permanent stickers, smoke-damage, mold, pet or other odors.